Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strength

A strong woman works out every day
to keep her body in shape
but a woman of strength looks deep inside
to keep her soul in shape
A strong woman isn't afraid
of anything
but a woman of strength shows courage
in the midst of her fear
A strong woman won't let anyone
get the best of her
but a woman of strength gives the best
of her to everyone
A strong woman makes mistakes
and avoids the same in the future
but a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes
can also be blessings and
capitalizes on them
A strong woman walks
sure footedly
but a woman of strength knows
when to ask for help
A strong woman wears the look
of confidence on her face
but a woman of strength
wears grace
A strong woman has faith
that she is strong enough for the journey
but a woman of strength has faith
that it is in the journey that she will become strong



Being strong and having strength has been coming up a lot lately in my life, I think this poem i found online fits well. Before i got sick a girlfriend and I were talking about our friends and all the stuff as a woman a wife and a mother you go through and how strong you become. God deals you hands that you think are unbearable  and tough, but yet he only gives it to you because you can handle it. I feel that this has been my entire life. like god is using me in mysterious ways that i definitely don't understand, later when i look back on the obstacles that i have over come, i really appreciate what he has taught me and others through my trials. It is becoming harder and harder to keep my head up about things. I feel we can't catch a break if its not one thing its another. I can feel something good around the corner and i know its going to be amazing but i am so scarred of what it is, with everything i do there is always something to follow. I know that its Gods way of keeping things in line for me and not allowing me to forget what i have been through. and never wanting to go back to those dark places, but realizing if it wasn't for those dark places i wouldn't know how truly blessed I am. My husband by far is the most amazing, dedicated man/father i have ever met. He is my rock through all of this if it wasn't for him and my beautiful baby girl, I might have already given up on this fight. BUT I am strong and have strength and they need me and I need them. So the fight is on!!



1 comment:

  1. That's a very fitting poem Teri and I think you do an amazing job at kicking your CF's butt when it gets out of line! You're an amazing woman :)

    ReplyDelete