Yesterday i started the day out feeling like crap, so i called my mom and had her come down. I had both babies and had a feeling that it wasnt going to be a good day! Sometimes i really Hate when im right! I was worried because i had already by 9am had a bloody nose and was feeling weak and tired. My mom got here around 11:30 and i was sick i was freezing cold burning hot headache body ache. UGH! So my mom let me go to sleep i just laid there waiting to fall asleep i was so cold that my body wouldn't allow me to fall asleep. I called my Cf nurse and she thought i should go to my primary care doc. So i called there.............he's not in until next week! Plus I'm in no condition to even get out of bed at this point. I call Eric and tell him that he needs to come home.
The FUN starts!!!!
I get another bloody nose(not ur typical bloody nose, Im talking running like a faucet) Im starting to freak out its not stopping! Eric calls my Cf nurse and asks what we should do. Take her to the ER ASAP! I havent taken a shower have no make-up on no bra, been sweating and freezing all day in bed i look like a hot mess! So i proceed to shove toilet paper up my nose while trying to get my bra on. Grab another roll of toilet paper and head out.
We get to the ER and my toilet paper roll is almost gone we live like 10 mins from the ER. Of Course people are staring at this point i can barely keep up with the blood flow. thank god i sat right next to the garbage. This poor kid a few chairs down couldn't help but stare, but was so grossed out. hahaha as im pulling klenex from my nose and trying not to let it all drip on the floor before getting a new one to my nose. They call me back which was really quick. The guy asks did u get hit with a softball?? ahhh nope just a bloody nose! OH he says. He tells me to pinch my nose.......Really?? Dont you think if that helped i would have been doing that all along! The problem is it starts backing up into my throat and i start gagging and throwing up thats how much blood is flowing. He gives me a bag to spew in. 5 mins go by. Im telling Eric i cant breathe and im feeling this pressure in my nose so i let go and blow a little this enormous blood clot fly's out! Eric almost pukes. I start FREAKING out. my nose has been bleeding now for atleast 45 mins or longer. Pardon my French---I was like get that FUCKIN nurse in here!
Eric runs next door as is telling the nurse she is passing huge blood clots. NURSE-ok ok we are waiting for a room.
Finally i get to a room and the nurse is a complete BITCH snotty as hell! Blood is now dripping on my clothes. she gets an IV started to get fluid in me i feel like im going to pass out at any second. I start crying and shaking saying please get a doctor in here. She like you are on the top of the pile, if the docs not her by the time i place this Iv i will go and get him. In the mean time my eyes keep getting cloudy, Eric says ummm are her eyes bleeding??? the nurse is like no there is just blood on her face. I said my eyes keep getting cloudy. So she wipes my eyes and says nope. I look at the gauze and there is blood on it, there is so much blood pooled up in my face that my tear are now bloody. I said get some one in her NOW!!!
Doc finally gets in and pulls the clamp off and gets a suctions that is the size of a needle like thats going to help?? haha what a dumb ass! I almost started to laugh so he starts suctioning nothing is coming out. I said can i just blow my nose?? it will go alot faster. he says Yes i blow and chunks of clots are falling out. He finally gets in there and cauterized the artery that was broken. THANK GOD!! We sat there for another hour to make sure the bleeding wouldn't start again. It didnt and we got to go home. UGH what a night. Now im not suppose to lift or bend for 4 days. haha how am i going to do that with a 1year old. My mom is coming down again today and my mother-in-law is coming Thurs. and Eric will be home Friday so i guess i will be just fine,Im in good hands!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TERI!! how horrible! I'm glad it's fixed, but still...you are seriously the toughest girl I know! Are you going today to get your PFT done again today?? Or did you postpone it because of all this bloody mess??
ReplyDeleteGood LORD.
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say that you are probably the strongest woman I know. That must have been horrible and scary! I cannot begin to imagine what you've been going through, but I do know how absolutely blessed you have been in other areas of your life. You have a beautiful daughter, an amazing husband, and the best support system of friends and family. I hope that you're feeling better soon and that the doctors at the ER can get their heads out of their butts soon!!! Love you lots!
ReplyDeleteFinally found your blog! You poor thing, the S*%t you have to put up with! We love you so much and glad you're sharing your experiences with us...you show us a strong, hilarious way to get through the hard times, in other words, you rock! xxxxx James
ReplyDelete