Monday, September 13, 2010

HOSPITAL

Down in St. Marys Hospital in Rochester. Will be here for 3 days which isn't that bad, better than a week which  is a typical CF tune-up. I got here at 10am this morning got a IV in, in case i need to start meds before they get a PICC line placed. Ate which was delicious!! They have a new menu and it has alot to choose from. The best thus far has been the Spinach chicken salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. YUMMY! the other cool thing is i can order whenever i want and they bring it right up to my room so its hot. My friend Phil also has Cf and he is in the hospital this week too. Which is super cool because if i wear a mask we can go for walks and hopefully walk across the street to CARIBOU.

This is by far the craziest schedule i have ever had while in the hospital, but its worth it because i want to feel amazing after this. Especially for going into the cold months.

I will be on 4 different antibiotics through the PICC line
Get Beatings 4 times a day (similar to the vest)
A stationary bike
Lots of eating
Sleeping

Speaking of Eating If i gain 7lbs which will put me at 135. Eric is going to buy me a NEW PURSE!!!! The Stipulations= Can't be over $100.00, i have to gain it by the end of the year, and It has to be a morning weight. It cant be me eating a big meal and jumping on the scale. ha he knows me to well! My doctor wants me gain 14lbs UGH that is a lot. 

I will keep you all informed on my stay more often due to me not having a child for a few days.

10 comments:

  1. Go Teri! Keep blogging while you are in the hospital. It will help time go by and will be something to look back on and be proud of. I can't WAIT for your new purse. I love purses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're here in Rochester too if you ever need a free babysitter (even if it's for more than a day!) while you're in the hole. I went to high school with Molly...not just some crazy blog stranger, haha!

    Or just let me know if you need someone to pick something up for you! I stay at home with my little guy so we're around all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live on the SE side of Rochester :) So seriously, anything you need! feel free to email me jenvanderpool@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will gain the weight with you!!! My morning weight is currently at 119 (WAAAAY down after this last exacerbation). I am 5'6" and need a good 20 lbs put on me! I will start with 7 with you ;) Wanna? I hope you get the jump start you need to have an absolutely AMAZINGLY wonderful winter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri,
    Love seeing your blog. It is good therapy to write down what's happening in your life. If you want a new purse then that's what you shall have! Molly and I will go with to help you shop. I know you miss Ari and Eric but it is for the best what you are doing. Take care. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen i had no idea you lived in Rochester. i thought you lived in Maple Grove. So is Gavin seen at the Mayo?

    Christina yes lets be partners in this gaining weight issue we both have.

    Thanks Cookie, and yes there are many possibilities for purse. I can def. find something under $100. Im surprised he set a limit that high. ha i would have been happy with one from Target. Dont get me wrong I love expensive ones, but its not a necessity.

    Ps love when i have lots of comments to read! Keep them coming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Teri, if it were possible to give you some of my weight, I would do it in a minute. I know it would be a sacrifice, but you are worth it!!! Glad to hear the food is good down there. Now just to get some sleep. Hope you have a better night tonight. Desi

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's just not right Desi giving you weight, i have more than enough and i'm the right blood type. Seriously though i love you and know how tough it is to miss Eric and Love Bug but you'll be back in their arms tomorrow. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom & Desi no need to fight over who wants to give me FAT. HAHAHA Unfortunately I have to gain it myself, but it would be nice to get my purse earlier. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just eat lots and lots of Reese's! That helped me (seriously, just ask Brenda) :) Hope you're feeling amazing by the time you get out.

    ReplyDelete